The University of Virginia’s Department of Facilities Management (FM) seeks nominations and applications for a dynamic leader to fill the position of Associate Director for Housing Facilities. Reporting to the Facilities Management Director of Operations, the Associate Director will play a critical role in meeting the service level agreements established with the Office of Housing and Residential Life (HRL). With a focus on facilities reinvestment and deferred maintenance program development, this role will perform complex strategic planning and implementation to elevate the University’s residential safety, service, and experience.
In providing direction to a large trades team, this person is charged with establishing key performance indicators and metrics necessary for daily functions as well as for long term forecasting for the more than 170 buildings and 2.3 million square feet of housing space. The Associate Director will collaborate deeply with HRL, FM, and other constituents. Fostering credibility and an ethos of transparency will be central for forming plans and securing and managing funding as it relates to infrastructure, maintenance, equipment renewal, and beyond.
The role will direct all work in the facilities associated with occupant turnovers, summer conferences and camps, and special events. With extensive abilities in fiscal and environmental stewardship, other duties include coordinating the custodial, landscaping, fire protection, elevators, roofing, keying, and similar functions in the residential buildings on the Grounds of the University.
The Organization: The University of Virginia is distinctive among institutions of higher education. Founded by Thomas Jefferson in 1819, the University sustains the ideal of developing leaders who are prepared to shape the future of the nation. The University is public, while nourished by the strong support of its alumni. The students who attend have been chosen because they show exceptional promise. The University remains the No. 2 best public university in the 2014 edition of the U.S. News and World Report rankings. Since U.S. News began ranking public universities as a separate category, UVA has ranked either No. 1 or No. 2.
• Demonstrated skill in leading and developing teams; demonstrated ability to plan, direct, and manage complex operations and staffing, including coordinating the work of other teams;
• Ability to share vision, initiate positive change, value differences, foster collaboration;
• Commitment to advancing the institutional commitments, such as safety, sustainability, and embracing diversity in the workforce; ability to align tasks and people with organizational goals and objectives;
• Knowledge of and ability to interpret and apply related building codes and environmental regulations;
• Knowledge of principles of a safe work environment in accordance with OSHA, federal, state, and local regulations, as well as environmental health standards for indoor environmental quality;
• A high degree of technical proficiency; proven ability to understand and communicate complex matters;
• Ability to maintain focus on strategic priorities while managing routine tasks;
• Ability to work independently and establish and maintain effective relationships; ability to interface with all levels; excellent communication (written and oral) and organizational skills;
• Bachelor’s degree required; Minimum of 7 years of experience or a combination of experience and some post high school education may be considered in lieu of a degree.
How to apply: Please create an application at https://jobs.virginia.edu and apply to posting number 0616120. If you would like to nominate someone, please send the nominee’s name and contact information to Anna Drapekin Graulich at . Referrals are greatly appreciated.
The position will remain opened until filled and will be carried out with full confidentiality; candidates will be notified before references are contacted.
The University of Virginia is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Women, minorities, veterans, and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/sft2rms