Richmond, Va.-based Infilco Degremont, Inc. is currently seeking a qualified professional for a position as Design Manager.
Manage the design workflow for projects, proposals and special projects. Schedule the day to day workload of approximately 15 design professionals. Distribute and schedule contract workload based on priorities and resource availability. Coordinate with Project Managers, Engineers, and Sales staff on Design group workload and priorities. Implement company and department policies and procedures. Create a climate of cooperation between all groups to efficiently execute contract and proposal work. Review contract and proposal work as per the Peer Review Policy. Provide technical support of the Enterprise PDM system. Complete yearly performance review of design group members. Develop and administer SolidWorks model conventions and standard parts library. Design contract models and prepare contract drawings. Review project models for completeness and accuracy. Update workstations with latest SolidWorks versions. Provide training to new team member and continuing training of current design group members. Develop and maintain Design Group procedures.
• Vendor model review
• Saving SolidWorks drawings
• Saving SolidWorks models
Develop, administer and promote Autoplant standards and workflow. Insure adherence to SolidWorks, Autoplant and other software system protocols. Provide proposal support including plant layout and general arrangement drawings.
• Develop proposal layouts for the marketing groups.
• Develop model renderings for the marketing groups.
• Associate Degree required, Bachelor Degree preferred.
• 5 years in a supervisory role, preferably with an engineering and design company.
• 2 years of formal training in design software applications.
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively in cross functional teams.
• Ability to lead a team, good planning/organization skills, problem solving, customer service oriented, flexibility, excellent communication – verbal and written, ability to learn new processes.
• Some travel is required.
Visit our web site to learn more about us and apply on line at www.Degremont-Technologies.com, look for “Careers”.