Director of General Services
Chesterfield County, Virginia (Richmond-Metro Area) is seeking an innovative, customer-focused, and collaborative individual to lead the Department of General Services which provides services and support to both internal and external customers through the operation of ten functional areas: Administration, Capital Projects and Programs, Buildings and Grounds, Energy Management, Security Management, Radio Communications, Document Services, Fleet Management, Airport, and Waste and Resource Recovery (which includes the Office of Environmental Management).
The Director of General Services will:
• possess experience in a variety of governmental support services and functions and have a proven record of success in quality and efficient service delivery;
• have extensive knowledge and technical expertise in the department’s core services and functions, as well as, extensive management experience in the delivery of large scale and diversified public services;
• partner and collaborate with multiple groups in developing solutions to meet the needs of the county;
• possess excellent analytical skills yet creative, with a strong focus on innovation in government or in a complex organization;
• develop a good working relationship with the Board of Supervisors, county leadership, regional leaders, community groups and citizens;
• possess excellent leadership and communication skills; and
• recruit, motivate and retain a high performing and diverse staff committed to team building, quality improvement and excellence in customer service.
Applicants must possess a bachelor’s degree in business administration, public administration, or related field (master’s degree preferred) and a minimum of ten (10) years of progressively responsible managerial and leadership experience, including five (5) years of General Services related experience in a senior management capacity in a comparably sized or larger organization. Public sector management is preferred.
For more detailed information, please review the position recruitment profile at www.chesterfield.gov/careers.
Pre-employment drug testing and an extensive background investigation, including an FBI criminal check, will be required.
This recruitment will remain open until September 2, 2016. Interested applicants should submit a confidential resume with cover letter and salary requirements to:
Mary Martin Selby, Director of HR Services
Chesterfield County Human Resource Management
P.O. Box 40
Chesterfield, VA 23832
Chesterfield County is an Equal Opportunity Employer Committed to Workforce Diversity.