We are currently seeking an Electrical Engineer III for our Aerospace and Defense Practice in our Norfolk, Virginia location.
This position is responsible for design for power distribution, lighting, communications, security, fire alarm and other related facility systems for a wide variety of institutional, military and federal building & infrastructure projects. The position will work as part of a multi-discipline team responsible for meeting design budget and schedule requirements. Successful respondent will be responsible to delegate and work in responsible charge of other designers and Engineers. This position requires the preparation of design and construction budget estimates.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering from an ABET-accredited College or University
· Basic working knowledge of AutoCAD and Revit software
· Intermediate working knowledge of Microsoft Office products
· Ability to perform lighting and power calculations using computer-based software
· General understanding of the National Electrical Code
· PE registration required
· Minimum of 5 years of related experience
· Construction Cost estimating experience
· Must be a US Citizen or Permanent Legal Resident
· Knowledge of federal and military construction Design Standards and requirements
· Registered Communication Distribution Designer (RCDD)
· Strong interpersonal communication skills to serve client needs
· SKM PTW knowledge
· Controls Design – lighting, motor, low voltage
· LEED AP preferred
When applying to this position, please include your salary requirements on your cover letter or resume. RS&H offers a competitive benefits and compensation package.
For a complete list of our current openings or for more information about our company, please see our website http://www.rsandh.com.
RS&H, whose tradition began in 1941, is a facilities and infrastructure consulting firm whose client-centered Practice structure provides value-added solutions to clients around the world. Our firm is rapidly growing and is seeking intelligent, innovative, and forward thinking professionals at all levels to join our dynamic team.
RS&H is an Equal Opportunity Employer EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability