Engineer - Maintenance
Aleris is a privately-held, global leader in aluminum rolled and extruded products, and aluminum recycling. Headquartered in Cleveland, Ohio, the company operates more than 40 production facilities in North America, Europe and Asia.
Aleris Richmond Operations is seeking high potential college graduates for our entry level engineering positions. This unique opportunity includes professional and leadership development in the Richmond Operations. We are pursuing individuals that have the potential to be promoted two levels and are willing to relocate to one of Aleris other (US, Europe, or Asia) facilities in a leadership role. These engineers will plan and schedule maintenance work in the most cost-effective manner, minimizing equipment downtime and adhering to all Aleris policies and state, federal, and local governmental regulations.
• Plan and schedule work in accordance with all safety policies and procedures.
• Working with the area Technical Advisor to develop and maintain effective Preventive Maintenance (PM) programs for all equipment in area of accountability.
• Maintain and review equipment performance history to identify opportunities for improved reliability or cost improvement.
• Provide job planning and scheduling services for area of accountability, including, but not limited to: Complete description of work to be performed, Detailed bill of materials for job, Work methods, Special equipment needed, Blueprints and/or other special information needed.
• Working with the Area Staff, Help Develop and distribute weekly maintenance schedules and coordinate work between production and maintenance.
• Maintain and update maintenance equipment records, including parts lists, Storeroom set-ups, MPAC files, etc.
• Encourage active involvement of Maintainers in planned, proactive maintenance activities.
• Process in-house repairable items in a timely and cost-effective manner.
• Bachelor of Science or Masters of Science degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering required.
• Must be willing to relocate to other Aleris locations (US, Europe, Asia).
• Must be capable of demonstrating proficiency using CMMS systems.
• 1-3 years of maintenance-related experience in manufacturing or heavy industry preferred.
• Necessitates excellent interpersonal, planning, organizing, time management, and computer skills and effective oral and written communication skills. Must be able to relocate regionally and/or globally.
• Ability to motivate team members to maximum performance through encouragement. Ability to communicate effectively by developing good listening skills and one-to-one facilitation skills.
• Must be able to sort data and understand maintenance systems and procedures in order to recognize current and/or potential problems, initiating effective resolutions or improvements within area of discretion identified by Manager.
• Ability to use logic and reasoning to analyze best practice maintenance procedures and systems to determine cause and effect relationship of outputs and use analysis to maximize work performed and equipment downtime.
• Requires movement around plant environment, including climbing of stairs to equipment and plant offices, and lifting of items up to 50 pounds. Occasionally requires reaching with hands and arms, stooping and kneeling. Requires frequent keyboarding and sitting at computer terminal. Some travel required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to allow individuals with disabilities to perform tasks.
• Parts of the tasks are accomplished in an air-conditioned plant office environment. The rest of the tasks require working in an industrial environment where employee may be exposed to fumes, airborne particles, overhead cranes and other plant mobile equipment. Noise level in the environment is loud.
Majority of the work requires working in an industrial environment where employee may be exposed to fumes, airborne particles, overhead and other mobile equipment. Noise level in the environment is loud. Parts of tasks are accomplished in an air-conditioned plant environment.
Process for Applying:
To apply, please visit www.aleris.com to send your resume and cover letter with salary expectations.
Aleris is an equal opportunity employer and supports diversity in the workplace. Aleris offers competitive compensation and benefits programs which include: Medical, Dental, Prescription Drug, Vision, 401(k) Plan, Life, AD&D, LTD.