This Structural Engineer position has primary responsibility for project execution.
Scope includes engineering and design calculations, equipment application and selection, engineering specification development, engineering documentation and the uniform application of engineering and design standards.
• Review and apply project specifications to select suitable design to accomplish
project structural engineering objectives on diverse water/wastewater treatment processes;
• Validate structural adequacy of proprietary process equipment according to
internal, and published standards;
• Conduct engineering analyses and calculations, produce engineering submittals and
other project deliverables in accordance with established project specifications,
procedures, schedule, and budget;
• Create structural engineering related specifications on construction, fabrication,
inspection, installation. and operations
• Interact and coordinate project activities with colleagues in different disciplines
• Review and check drawings to ensure accuracy and quality
• Provide guidance and support to designers
• Validate engineering design and remedy any design variations, optimize
• Update standards and procedures as necessary
• Primary technical author of internal engineering and design standards.
Bachelor Degree in Structural Engineering and PE designation, master degree helpful.
5+ years in structural engineering and design related experience, expertise in
water/wastewater treatment equipment a plus. Overall work experience should exhibit
advanced technical understanding in various steel structures, steel storage tanks,
equipment and piping supports, static, dynamic and thermal stress analysis on steel
structures. Strong working knowledge of IBC, AISC, API, ASTM, AWWA, OSHA and
other Codes and Standards. We are growing and need to increase our staff.
To learn more about us visit our web site: www.Degremont-Technologies.com “Careers”.