GKY & Associates, Inc. (GKY) has been in business for more than thirty five years and we currently have a unique opportunity for the right professional to move into a position with growth potential in a well established firm in the water resources arena.
GKY is an established water resources engineering and environmental services consulting firm specializing in hydraulics, hydrology, stormwater management, water quality, wetlands, and stream assessment and restoration. While we are a certified small business, we are recognized as a national leader in water resources, solving complex problems for the Department of Transportation, the US Army Corps of Engineers, the Federal Emergency Management Agency, the National Academies, and other federal and local municipal agencies as well as private clients. We are located in Chantilly, Virginia in the Washington, DC metropolitan area.
The successful applicant will provide technical assistance for our water resources engineering projects. If you are a highly motivated individual, this is an opportunity to grow professionally and go as far as your ambition, dedication, and work ethic will take you.
• BS Civil Engineering, or other major related to hydrology and hydraulics
• 1 to 3 years of professional experience in water resources engineering
• Experience with hydrologic and hydraulic software (HEC-RAS, HEC-HMS, etc.)
• Experience with stormwater management and BMP design
• Experience with AutoCAD
• Experience with mapping and data analysis using ArcGIS is a plus
• Ability to perform fieldwork in difficult terrain and year-round weather conditions
• Valid driver’s license
• Authorized to work in the United States
GKY offers competitive salary and benefits, including a 401(k) retirement plan, medical, disability, vision, dental, and life insurance, performance bonuses, vacation, holidays, and tuition reimbursement.
Qualified applicants should e-mail their qualifications to noting the job opening number, #2011-004, in the subject line. GKY & Associates, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.