Founded in 1986, Progressive Design has grown to become one of the largest privately held multi-discipline engineering firms in central Virginia. Possessing vast experience and technical expertise, we deliver unparalleled value to our customers.
Progressive Design is a multi-discipline engineering consulting office supporting manufacturing facilities and clients in the Eastern US with areas of specialization including: project feasibility studies, process improvement analysis, new process design, process upgrades, air pollution abatement technology and integration, environmental compliance, product design, industrial capital projects, and detailed project/construction estimates. The company serves Fortune 500 companies in industries such as food processing, films, fibers, plastics, paper, chemicals, tobacco, pharmaceuticals, power, metals, wastewater treatment, and discrete manufacturing.
Our Civil/Structural Department is currently seeking a Senior Civil/Structural Designer. This position is located in Richmond, Va.
Senior Civil/Structural Designer is responsible for performing civil and/or structural design and drafting duties on assigned projects.
Practical Application of Responsibilities:
• Assist project manager in developing estimates, schedules, material lists, design
concepts, design drawings and other project documentation per customer and
• Perform field work and technical research
• Maintain project files and documentation
• Ensure accuracy and completeness of all deliverable products and services in
assigned areas of responsibility
• Maintain budget and schedule
• Ten or more years of direct related experience or technology-oriented associate degree with equivalent experience
• Working knowledge of OSHA, IBC, AISC, ACI-318, ACI-530, and ASCE-7 codes
• Experience in foundation systems
• Being knowledgeable of basic civil material specifications to the extent that all
information required for material purchase, fabrication and construction is
reflected on the finished drawings
• Recognizing and communicating scope and design changes promptly
• Performing field related work collecting design information and verifying tie- ins, function and clearances
• Performing temporary field support activities, where assigned, for engineering support during construction.
• Assisting engineers with cost and material estimates and preliminary design studies
• Checking the accuracy and quality of drawings
• Knowledge and understanding of schedule constraints and information requirements for the production of all civil/structural deliverables
• Experience in preparing structural and civil construction plans and specifications
• Working knowledge of static and dynamic load applications
• Experience in project estimating
• Working knowledge of Windows, Microsoft Office, Microsoft Project, various CAD software packages
• Strong communication and organizational skills
• Strong ethics and corporate loyalty
• Must be results oriented
• Must be a team player
• Must possess uncompromised commitment to quality
• BECET or ASCET
We offer a fast paced, exciting work environment with a competitive compensation package including: Health Care Benefits, Vacation, 401K and tuition reimbursement.
For immediate consideration please forward a resume to: .