Founded in 1986, Progressive Design has grown to become one of the largest privately held multi-discipline engineering firms in central Virginia. Possessing vast experience and technical expertise, we deliver unparalleled value to our customers.
Progressive Design is a multi-discipline engineering consulting office supporting manufacturing facilities and clients in the Eastern US with areas of specialization including: project feasibility studies, process improvement analysis, new process design, process upgrades, air pollution abatement technology and integration, environmental compliance, product design, industrial capital projects, and detailed project/construction estimates. The company serves Fortune 500 companies in industries such as food processing, films, fibers, plastics, paper, chemicals, tobacco, pharmaceuticals, power, metals, wastewater treatment, and discrete manufacturing.
Our Mechanical Department is currently seeking a Senior Mechanical/Piping Designer. This position is located in Richmond, Va.
Senior Mechanical/Piping Designers are responsible for performing mechanical design duties on assigned projects including process and machine related design. In addition, they provide guidance to staff members and customers on concerns relating to mechanical and machine design issues.
Practical Application of Responsibilities:
• Assist project manager in developing bids, proposals, scopes of work, scope changes, correspondence, estimates, schedules, material lists, design concepts, design drawings and other project documentation per customer and corporate guidelines
• Perform field work and technical research
• Maintain project files and documentation
• Certify accuracy and completeness of all deliverable products and services in
assigned areas of responsibility
• Maintain budget and schedule
• Provide guidance and assistance to subordinate staff members on day-to-day matters, such as, task assignments, technical and procedural requirements, and affirmation and/or interpretation of corporate policies and guidelines
• Ten or more years of direct related experience or technology-oriented associate degree with equivalent experience
• Working knowledge of machining practices including tolerances, surface finishes, materials, and ASTM Standards
• Experience in design and development of rotating machinery and process equipment
• Experience in sizing and specifying machinery and process equipment
• Ability to successfully handle multiple projects
• Experience in piping layout design at industrial facilities
• Working knowledge of pipe, pipe fittings, valves, piping support, insulation, insulation jacketing, and equipment installation
• Working knowledge in obtaining field dimensions for fabrication and arrangement drawings
• Familiarity with installation practices, BOCA Mechanical Code, ASTM
• Materials Standards relating to piping, and welding practices
• Working knowledge of requirements for incorporating safety, maintainability, and operation into a design
• Experience in the layout of equipment and parts detailing
• Familiarity with fasteners and their applications
• Familiarity with machining and fit tolerances
• Experience in project estimating
• Proven skills in Windows, Microsoft Office, Intergraph MicroStation, Microsoft Project, and AutoCAD (current releases)
• Strong communication and organizational skills
• Strong ethics and corporate loyalty
• Must be results oriented
• Must be a team player
• Must possess uncompromised commitment to quality
We offer a fast paced, exciting work environment with a competitive compensation package including: Health Care Benefits, Vacation, 401K and tuition reimbursement.
For immediate consideration please forward a resume to: .