MeadWestVaco (MWV) has a career opportunity that will put you on the forefront of the best-known brands in the world. At MWV, we create packaging solutions that help shape some of the most recognized brands in the cosmetics and personal care, healthcare and pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, home and garden, media, specialty chemicals, and consumer and office products industries.
We’ve become a global leader in our industry by making our customers leaders in theirs. And every single one of our 23,000 employees is an essential part of this mission. Let MWV help you write your own success story.
The Production Engineer provides day-to-day technical and engineering support to the operating areas and assists in planning, design, and installation of machinery and equipment in the operating areas. This position is responsible for all aspects of production in support of our customers’ needs. These responsibilities include all safety and environmental issues, process reliability and run time, product quality, process improvements, process/equipment troubleshooting, training, and new product development support.
HOW YOU WILL IMPACT MWV
• Provide technical support for optimizing various plant operations.
• Design, develop, and implement equipment and process improvements in support of plant objectives.
• Assist in troubleshooting overall plant operations to insure product quality while maintaining safe operations and environmental compliance.
• Develop, maintain, and update standard operating procedures for the operating area.
• Develop training information and facilitate operator training on new and revised plant equipment and processes.
• Participate with research and product development personnel in conducting plant trials, focusing on the development of new operating procedures and equipment modifications for improved plant operations.
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
• This full time/permanent position, Job ID #2208BR, requires a BS degree in Chemical or Mechanical Engineering and minimum of 15 years of experience in a production, process, and/or project engineering capacity in a similar industry.
• Excellent communication and organizational skills throughout all levels of the organization.
• Ability to excel in cross functional teams.
• Experience in production engineering, lean manufacturing, and batch processing is highly desirable.
• The position is in a plant environment in Covington, Virginia, and travel is minimal (less than 10%).
At MWV, we offer a diverse portfolio of leading specialty chemicals and technologies that are used in printing inks, dyestuffs, agrichemicals, rubber, protective coatings, oil drilling, paper manufacturing, cement, pollution control and many other applications. One of our warm asphalt solutions being used in India, England, China and the U.S. reduces fuel consumption and impact on the environment. To learn more about MWV, please visit www.mwv.com. MWV is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply directly on our career site, please follow this link: http://appclix.postmasterlx.com/track.html?pid=ff808081341cba6701341f7d017007d7&source=vaengineer