Founded in 1986, Progressive Design has grown to become one of the largest privately held multi-discipline engineering firms in central Virginia. Possessing vast experience and technical expertise, we deliver unparalleled value to our customers.
Progressive Design is a multi-discipline engineering consulting office supporting manufacturing facilities and clients in the Eastern US with areas of specialization including: project feasibility studies, process improvement analysis, new process design, process upgrades, air pollution abatement technology and integration, environmental compliance, product design, industrial capital projects, and detailed project/construction estimates. The company serves Fortune 500 companies in industries such as food processing, films, fibers, plastics, paper, chemicals, tobacco, pharmaceuticals, power, metals, wastewater treatment, and discrete manufacturing.
Our Process Group is currently seeking a Senior Project Manager. This position is located in Richmond, Va.
Senior Project Managers are responsible for performing engineering duties on assigned projects including process, HVAC, and mechanical related engineering and design.
Senior Project Managers are willing and able to visit client facilities and discuss problems. They also have the ability to develop subsequent solutions, then write and effectively communicate scopes of work and/or proposals. This is huge – we need people with technical skills that can think on their feet, recognize a client need and offer help. Senior Project Managers need to be able to develop work scopes independently with limited supervision or guidance. Typically, in order to do this, a candidate for this position will need experience in manufacturing to understand the various roles: production, maintenance, planning, HS&E, and engineering in order to know where, within a facility, the information necessary to develop a solution can be found.
Practical Application of Responsibilities:
• Design process from idea inception to technology selection
• Develop bids, proposals, scopes of work, development of block flow diagrams, material and energy balances, P&ID development, scope changes, correspondence, estimates, schedules, material lists, specifications, design concepts, and other project documentation per customer and corporate guidelines
• Perform field work and technical research
• Perform technical studies and calculations
• Maintain project files and documentation
• Certify accuracy and completeness of all deliverable products and services in assigned areas of responsibility
• Allocate tasks to project team members
• Maintain budget and schedule
• Provide guidance and assistance to subordinate staff members on day-to-day matters, such as, task assignments, technical and procedural requirements, and affirmation and/or interpretation of corporate policies and guidelines
• 10 + years’ experience
• BSChE or MSChE OR BSME or MSME
• Familiar with process design for Specialty Chemical, Food, Pharmaceutical, Power, and Industrial Clients
• Knowledge of relevant risk management issues (contractual terms, technical feasibility, etc.)
• Working knowledge of ASME, API, NFPA, BOCA, ANSI & ASHRAE codes and where/how they apply
• Experience in fluid flow analysis with a variety of vapors & liquids
• Experience in sizing and selection of equipment
• Working knowledge of HVAC systems and their design
• Understanding of the functionality of common equipment used in chemical and industrial manufacturing processes
• Working knowledge of bearing types, application, and selection
• Proficient at material type and size selection
• A good understanding of and sensitivity to maintenance & constructability considerations in all design applications
• Experience in project estimating
• Proven technical and business writing skills
• Proven project management skills
• Working knowledge of Windows, Microsoft Office, Microsoft Project, various CAD software packages
• Strong communication and organizational skills
• Strong ethics and corporate loyalty
• Must be results oriented
• Must be a team player
• Must possess uncompromised commitment to quality
• Design execution oversight experience
We offer a fast paced, exciting work environment with a competitive compensation package including: Health Care Benefits, Vacation, 401K and tuition reimbursement.
For immediate consideration please forward a resume to: .